Saturday, August 28, 2010

Washing Away the Stain

For the last three days I have been staining our two decks, the children's play area, and our wood-sided shed.  Tonight as I cleaned up, I realized how much stain I had gotten on my body, not to mention the stepstool, ladders, and other things that stain wasn't supposed to affect.

As most people know, there is really only one effective way to clean up oil-based stain: mineral spirits.  No other method easily gets the stain off of skin or anything else.

This made me think of the stain of sin.  Much more clearly than in my illustration, there is only ONE way to get rid of the stain of sin in our lives: the blood of Jesus Christ.  Only He can take away the sin and wash me white as snow (see Isaiah 1:18).

As the hymnwriter Robert Lowry penned: "What can wash away my sin?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus!  What can make me whole again?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus!"

No comments:

Post a Comment