Sunday, August 29, 2010

Every Word

One day during church I watched my friend with Down Syndrome as he carefully underlined every single line of Scripture in his Bible.  Line after line, paragraph after paragraph, column after column, he underlined every word.  This continued for the entire sermon.


I found that to be a wonderful picture of how EVERY word of Scripture is important.  Every word is God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16-17), and we need to pay attention to all of those words.  


Now, I certainly don't want to put down those who selectively underline or highlight favorite verses or passages so they can find them again.  But the words before and after those favorite verses are also very important.  All of those words are delightful treasures from God for His people.  


Will you join my friend, and me, in treasuring every word of Scripture?

No comments:

Post a Comment