Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Just Say It!

Lately I have had a couple of situations in which I have been struck with the need to "just say it."  There are so many things that I want to say to people I care deeply about, but for crazy reasons I tend to hesitate, and those things end up not being said, or the moment to say them is lost.


Before I left for Africa in October, I had this foreboding sense that I might not return to see my family again.  I spent time writing notes to all of them, saying things that I wanted to be sure to communicate...just in case I might not return.  I wanted to tell my children I was proud of them.  I wanted my wife and daughters to know I think they are beautiful.  I wanted to encourage them all to persevere in their faith.  Even as I wrote those notes, I regretted not saying those things even earlier.


When I leave in the morning, I want to be sure to communicate my love to my wife and children.  When I have a moment to tell someone about my appreciation for them, I want to say that right then.  Too often I hesitate, but I'm glad for the moments when I just say it.  With God's help, I will do this even more often.


Is there something you just need to say to someone today?  Perhaps you need to write a note of encouragement to someone.  Perhaps you need to forgive someone, and tell them so.  Perhaps you need to make a phone call to re-connect with someone.  It's not too late: "Just Say It."

No comments:

Post a Comment