Thursday, September 30, 2010

Through the Bible

This morning I finished another year-long read through the Bible (October 1-September 30).  What a treasure is the Word of God!  And what a treasure it is to read it all!  


I do not say these things to boast.  Rather, I say them to encourage you, dear reader, to likewise find the treasure of reading God's Word every day.  Too many people try to live the Christian life without reading "the manual."  Too many people try to live in relationship with the Lord without taking time to daily listen to what He has to say to them through His Word.  


Let us not be counted among these people I've just mentioned.  Instead, let us faithfully read, study, and live out the Word of God in every part of our lives.


Just as I did, you can develop a personalized plan to read through the Bible at www.bibleyear.com.  Choose your own version, reading style (straight through, chronological, old/new each day, etc.), and start date, and this site will give you a list of each day's readings to take you through the Bible in one year.


Tomorrow I will start my first-ever chronological read through the Bible.  I'll let you know how it goes one year from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment