Saturday, June 23, 2012

How I Got to Know My Wife

When I was first getting to know my wife Kristin, it didn't help me to go on what other people said about her. I had to get to know her. I had to learn about her likes and dislikes. I had to learn what would make her happy or sad. I had to learn about her past as well as her dreams for the future. I had to take a lot of unhurried TIME with her to get to know her.

In the same way, we cannot really get to know God without spending TIME with Him. There are many books about Him - some good, some bad. There are many people who say many things about Him - some that are accurate and some that are inaccurate. But the best way to really get to know Him is not through what others write or say. We need to get to know Him from what He has said about Himself. Read the Bible - the book God wrote to help us get to know Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment